Code of conduct
We want the Copenhagen Lindy Exchange to be a place where everyone is welcome regardless of culture, ethnicity/race, sexual orientation, gender expression and -identity, religion, socioeconomic status, age or ability. To ensure this, we will not tolerate disrespect, hate speech, harassment, and discrimination on these grounds (or any other). In addition, we expect every participant to abide by these simple rules:
- SEEK VERBAL CONSENT when asking someone to dance. It is polite to specify a dance role, and please make an effort to not assume roles based on perceived gender. It is always ok to say no to a dance – you don’t need a reason. Be respectful of someone saying no. Consent can be revoked at any time, also while dancing, and consent to dance does not mean consent for anything else.
- RESPECT the wonderful people on the dance floor: their bodies, their personal space and their dance levels. Take care not to hurt your dance partner, and check in with them if you are not sure. If (when) collisions on the dance floor happen, immediately apologise and check everyone is okay. If someone does not wish to dance in a close position, respect this choice. Avoid correcting your partner or giving unsolicited advice about their dancing.
- AIRSTEPS, LIFTS, and dips where someone’s weight is taken off of their feet, are not permitted on the social floor. Please reserve these for competitions or a dedicated practice space, and always seek verbal consent from your partner beforehand.
- USE LANGUAGE mindfully. Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ageist, ableist or body shaming language is not acceptable. Please respect people’s pronouns. Don’t ask inappropriate questions about people’s bodies and private parts. Don’t make anyone feel “other” or excluded. Don’t use slurs of any kind, not even to explain how “things used to be”.
- DRINK RESPONSIBLY & DON’T DO DRUGS. Drinking to excess or doing drugs can put yourself and others at risk of injury. Get high on the music and dancing instead.
By signing up to participate in the event you agree to abide by the points above. More information about the code of conduct and how it will be enforced will be available leading up to and during the event.
Sales terms and conditions
All prices are shown in Euros, and include all applicable taxes. SwingShoes is a non-profit organisation, and is not registered to process VAT payments, so we do not offer the possibility to subtract VAT from the payments.
Event tickets are personal and registered in your name. Once the payment is completed, your purchase is binding: We do not offer refunds of purchased tickets, except in the case where the event is cancelled. However, we will offer the possibility of transferring your ticket to someone else until two days before the event (although we will not facilitate any payments for ticket transfers).
Purchases of T-shirts and other merchandise constitute pre-orders, and you will be able to pick up your orders at the event. Since we use on-demand printing of merchandise we cannot offer refunds for these either.