Volunteering at CPH:LX
Calling for dancers with a passion for community involvement! The CPH:LX is getting closer, and we want to invite you to be a part of the heartbeat that makes this festival a success – our amazing team of volunteers.
Why Volunteer at CPH:LX?
- Be a Piece in the Big Puzzle: Join a diverse group committed to creating unforgettable dance experiences.
- Build connections: Expand your social circle by connecting with other volunteers and dancers.
- Skill Development: Enhance valuable skills like teamwork, communication, and problem-solving through hands-on volunteering.
- Drink Tickets: All volunteers receive drink tickets, as an appreciation for your time.
How Can You Get Involved?
Your contribution will play an essential role in creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all attendees by volunteering your time and talents. We have a variety of tasks available to suit different interests:
- Setting up and creating a cozy atmosphere: Help transform the venue into a swing heaven by arranging decorations, setting up cozy corners, and adding those special touches that make our festival unique.
- Moving a piano: For those with a bit of muscle, please lend a hand in moving the piano onto the stage.
- Check-in desk attendants: Be the friendly face that welcomes fellow swing dancers, check tickets, and handout bracelets.
- Bar shifts: Stand behind the bar and have a blast by serving refreshing drinks, beers, and snacks.
- Tidying up: After the last dance, join us in tidying up the venue, so it is ready for the next day.
How to sign up to become a volunteer?
All you need to do is to tick off the volunteer-box at “Checkout” when you purchase your ticket. If you already bought a ticket, but didn’t check the box, just send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will add you to the list.
We will send out a schedule with shifts and tasks for you to sign up for when we get closer to the event.
We believe that anyone who cannot pay the regular ticket price should have a chance to attend, regardless of whether they are able to put in volunteer hours or not. For this reason, we will not be offering a discounted ticket price for volunteers this year. Instead we offer the Social Fund Discount as a way of reducing the ticket price. You can sign up as a volunteer regardless of whether you bought a social fund-discounted ticket or a full price ticket; just tick the box during checkout!
We look forward to dancing and volunteering with you!